Palmistry is thought to have developed in the East more than 5,000 years ago. There are Indian, Chinese, Japanese and Korean writings on palmistry dating from this time, but it was centuries before this knowledge of palmistry crossed over tot he West.
Palmistry enables you to discover a person’s character and the events of their life by interpreting the shape of their hands and the formation of the lines of their palms.
Originally palmistry was divided into two sections, known as chirogmony and chiromancy. Chirogmony is the area of reading character from the shape and size of the hand, fingers and thumbs, while chiromancy is the art of reading the lines on the hand. These two original branches of palmistry have now been joined by two contemporary fields of study, know as body language and dermatoglyphics.
Palmistry describes both your past and future, because all the major events that will affect you will be shown in your hands. Palmistry can describe the strengths and weakness of your character, which will help you to become more aware of who you are and, as a result, to develop psychologically, spiritually, mentally and emotionally.
Before you start reading it is essential to identify whether the person is right or left handed. The significance of the lines of the dominant writing hand will be different from the lines of the non-dominant hand. The dominant hand describes what is in your ‘real life’. IT shows the skills and abilities that you are equipped with right now, and which you can draw on at any time. The non dominant hand describes your potential and what you wish for. So a line that appears only on this hand shows what you wish you could do, or what you could do if you had not blocked off the ability for some reason.
QUICK GUIDE TO PALM READING
- The Life Line - It is also called as "Paternal line or Age line". This has the greatest importance on a palm. Everything in life is in the line. The life line commences from under the Mount of Jupiter and originates from the side of the palm near the thumb and the index finger surrounding the Mount of Venus and ultimately ends at the bracelets. This line is seen in all human beings. A person's age, health, sickness and all can be known from this line.
- The Head Line- This line starts from the Mount of Jupiter or from above it.In most of the plams, the head line and the life line originate from the same place. The Head line divides the palm into two parts. If the line is long, deep and distinct, then the person would have a sharp mind and would be an intellectual. If it is faint, indistinct or appears broken at several places then the person would be weak-minded or a labourer. The study of a person's brain is done with the help of the Head line.
- The Heart Line- This line starts from under the Mount of Mercury, separating the areas of Mercury and Harshala, reaching under the index finger and the Mount of Jupiter. This line is directly linked to the heart and is found in almost all palms. This line is absent in robbers and cruel people. If the line is weak, then the person would be inhuman or merciless.
- The Line Of Apollo Or Sun- It is also called the "Line of Success". The source of the line is different in different plams but ultimately it ends at the Mount of Sun.
- The Fate Line- This line is not visible in many hands. It commences from different places but it ends only at the Mount of Saturn. This line develops from below the palm towards the upper side. This line is found in only 50% of the population of the world.
- The Health Line- This line is related to health and it has no fixed place of commencement. But it terminates at the Mount of Mecury. Health and sickness are studied with the help of this line. In some cases the line is thick while in some others it is very thin like a hair.
- The Marriage Line- It is also called the "Love Line". It is situated on the Mount of Mercury. This line comes form the outside of the palm towards the inside of the pal on the Mount of Mercury. In some hands 3 or 4 lines are found and it does not mean that they shall marry that many times. If a cross is found on the line then the marriage or the engagement of the person would be broken. If there are some small signs on the line then the person shall have illegal affairs.
FACE TO FACE - SKYPE - TELEPHONE - EMAIL - IM
London SE3 +44 (0)7962 666873
References: The Palmistry Bible, Jane Struthers, Goldsfield Press, 2005